How the site is organized
How to make changes to a page
How to make a new page and link to it
How to upload photos to the gallery
How to embed images in a page
All images embedded in these pages are links to photos within the "Photos" gallery. If you want to link in an image, here are the steps to follow.
- First, you must find the photo you want from the Photos pages. Or, upload a new photo to use.
- It is important to note that photos contained in our Photo Gallery all exist in a few different size formats. A single photo exists as a thumbnail sized image, a resized 640x480 &800x600 and the original full size of the image. The server actually keeps physically independent versions of these different sizes of each photo. When deciding on the photo to link into your wiki page you must also decided which sized version of the photo you want to use. If the original image is smaller than any of the pre-defined sizes,then you will only see the thumbnail version, and the original.
- Once you have picked the photo you want, you will need to determine the unique ID of that photo. This ID is contained in the full URL of the image. If you right click on the image you want to use, and select the "properties" menu. It should show you the full URL to that image. Somewhere near the end of that URL you'll see the word "id=xxxx". That is what you are looking for.
- Once the ID is known, you can then embed the image with the special tag sequence
Here is an example on how to do all of the above.
Lets say we want to link in a thumbnail version of IMG_1342 from this page in our gallery.
[Some Photos of my Impreza]
We also want to link the 640 sized version of this photo.
- First, navigate with your browser to that url.
- Locate the Thumbnail version of photo IMG_1342.
- Right click on the thumbnail, and select properties
- Find the Address: (URL) of this image. It should look like this:
- If you look in that big string of info, you'll see a part that reads "itemId=3534".
- The number 3534 is what we need! Thats the ID of the thumbnail version of this photo.
- Now, include the following text in your wiki page, and image will be included in the html.
- Now, to include the 640 pixel sized version of this photo, do the following.
- Locate the image in the album,and click on it. This will open that photos main viewing page.
- In the upper right corner of the page, there should be a drop-down box with different sizes to select.
- 3456x2304 <- The original VERY large version of the photo.
- Once you have selected the viewing size you want, in this case, 640x427, do the same as above where you right click on the image, and select properties, This time you get a URL like
- Notice the itemId is different. Now it's 3535. Like I said, each size has a different ID.
- Now using the same syntax as before, we include this sized image.
Thats it! For the most part. There are a few other trick that I'll try to include in here when I have a bit more time. Tricks like changing the image size from one of the pre-defined ones, and how to center an image in the page.