Difference between revisions of "RetroPie Game Console"
From Ludicrous-SpeedJump to navigationJump to search
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
* Raspberry Pi 3
* Raspberry Pi 3
Revision as of 13:56, 17 May 2016
- Raspberry Pi 3
- Joystick & Buttons
- 2 8-way digital ball-end joysticks.
- 6 primary control buttons per player
- 1up and 2up buttons. Equal to "start" button in non-MAME games
- single? or dual "select" buttons? 1 per player? Or 1 combined?
- 2 joysticks, 6 action buttons (A,B,X,Y,L,R) per joystick & 2 setup buttons (Start/Select).
- The button layout will replicate an XBox layout with the pair of L&R buttons included.
J X Y L A B R
- Sony button map: A=X, B=circle, X=square, Y=triangle
- In MAME mode, Start = 1up or 2up, select = coin insert.
- A pair of USB ports will be available at the front to insert 2 additional controllers for 4 player, or simply provide include analog controls for 1 player.
- The Buttons will have individual LED control, to light them up when a game is selected to show which buttons are in use. runcommand.sh will be tweaked to do this.
- runcommand.sh will also be tweaked to allow an optional web-page dislay in some sort of browser to a wiki link of control instructions.
- Without having an analog joystick, any N64 or similar games that use analog, need to emulate the NintendoDS controls.
Software Setup Steps
- Install Retro Pie
- Boot up, and configure the joystick and buttons
- Copy your roms-sets into the Roms directory using the samba share.
- exit Emulation Station to the command prompt
- run retropie_setup.sh, find the after-install config option. find and the Scraper option. Run this for your scrapper if you have a few thousand roms.